If interested in the position, email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your cover letter, resume, and at least one short idea.
Position: Financial Analyst
Position Type: Full time employment
Compensation: Salary + Bonus
The position offers a candidate the opportunity to work directly with Blue Orca's principal in all facets of the investment process, including screening for potential ideas, conducting due diligence on prospective short investments, and the crafting and execution of short ideas. Our in-house research professionals work hard to understand critical details disclosed by public companies to uncover corporate corruption, accounting shenanigans and capital misappropriation at the expense of minority investors Analyst compensation includes a six-figure salary, participation in the bonus pool, plus five weeks’ vacation and benefits.
Candidates are expected to share at least one original short idea at the beginning of our employment evaluation process to allow Blue Orca a better understanding of the candidate’s current skill level (no restrictions on exchange, market capitalization, or price). Candidates will be given qualitative and quantitative financial assignments thereafter as part of the evaluation process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct detailed and rigorous financial analysis of publicly traded companies, including the calculation of all relevant financial and operating metrics (e.g., EBITDA, leverage ratios, etc…).
- Analyze annual reports, credit agreements and other company filings.
- Populate financial data into workbooks.
- Communicate investment analysis to principals for investment consideration.
- Construct additional due diligence requests for subject companies and manage due diligence investigations.
- Create comparable analyses of financial operating metrics within industry-specific participants.
- Summarize investment ideas in excel models, excel workbooks and written form.
- Prepare a detailed valuation of public companies based on due diligence outcomes.
Minimum Experience and Formal Requirements:
- At least 3 years of relevant financial analytical experience, preferably at a major investment bank, private equity firm or hedge fund.
- Highly skilled at financial statement analysis (cash flows, EBITDA calculations, financial ratios, etc).
- High reading comprehension levels of standard company filings, announcements, and circulars.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially excel
Candidate Must Be:
- Driven by High Integrity and Uncompromising Ethics
- Interested in Fundamental Short Investing
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and proven pride of ownership of projects/assignments
- Team player – works well with others
- Strong in English reading comprehension
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Language fluency in Mandarin or Japanese a plus
- Law (provided candidate is fluent in financial analysis)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Professional Accounting (MPA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)